Friday, May 22, 2015

Gratitude Friday...

If anyone has an Ark, or really, just a plain row boat, send it our way.

Quickly.

It's getting all kinds of biblical around here.

Overall, it's been a good week around here.  Except for Rhys' refusal to sleep.  He tends to cycle with his sleep patterns.  Some weeks it's 7:30 or even 8:00 am.  And then a couple of weeks later, it's 6:15 or, eek!, 5:45 am.  

Super fun.

Yesterday, he was crazy upset about something during quiet time.  Not a single clue what but it must have been awful.  I went in to check on him and he was just bawling.  I picked him up and we snuggled.  

Did not take but three minutes before he was completely asleep.  

OUT.

I laid him down in his bed and tiptoed out of the room.  He only slept about 40 minutes but it was much needed.  

The kids are no longer babies.  It's rare for them to fall asleep in my arms.  Only when they're sick and truly, I hate for them to be sick.  It breaks my heart.

But I do love the snuggles.

So it took all of my strength to lay him down in his bed instead of simply sitting there and soaking up some baby boy snuggles.  

He needed the sleep though and I was worried he'd get too hot or I would breathe wrong.

Today, we went up to Oklahoma for a quick day trip.  We were only on the road about 45 minutes before Rhys was asleep again.  Bless him, he slept almost two hours.  AND, he slept another hour on the way home.  

Sleep.  

It does a little boy good.  

Eat. Him. Up.

Thank you, Father, for this amazing little man!  He has completely stolen my heart.  And I am humbled you picked me to be his momma.  


No comments:

Post a Comment