Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Projects 1, 2, 3 and 4...

Y'all.  God is good.  Thank you for your prayers.  Because not another person caught the flu.  

That is only God.  Heavens, Rhys sat in my lap and coughed and sneezed and used my jacket as a snot rag for four solid days.  A miracle.

So since we weren't sick, we got to do OH SO MUCH!  And the weather was amazing!  The kids ran around all weekend long.  They had a blast playing outside and in the garage.  It was like they'd never done it before and really, they were in need of some outdoor shenanigans.  

Of course, the parks in town were crazy full but WHO CARES.  We went and we played and we got dirty and we ran off long winter weeks of being cooped up in the house.  Praise be.




Since the weather was blissful and the children were blissful and we had projects and Lowe's gift cards, Chris and I started tackling The Project List.

Bam.

The first thing we needed to do was move the day bed down to Aubrey Kate's room.  She's grown and was starting to hit her feet on the end of her toddler bed.  I mean, the girl is three months shy of FIVE.  That seems long enough.  That was almost five full years in her crib/toddler bed.  We got our money out of that thing.  

I'd pulled out the bedding, gotten it all washed and ready to go the week prior to the flu.  Thankfully, AK loved the bedding.  I'd bought it when we were in our first house.  So 2001?  I painted the guest bedroom PURPLE to match it.  

Really.  It's like I'm a whole different person now.

Since the bedding had purple and pink, I figured she would love it.  And she did.


Can we just talk about how small she looks right there?  In that big twin bed?  

Seriously.  So.  Small.

I can happily report, she is in love with her new bed.  And she's yet to fall OUT of the bed.  Which makes me happy.

So that was Project 1.

Done.

Project 2 was hanging the last two of the Habitat for Humanity Resale cabinet doors.  These were also a quarter each and we did nothing to them but clean them.  I left the paint exactly as it was.  Chris got to use his fancy router to make the spots for the hangers.  Which is not a correct technical term for whatever it was he installed on the back of the doors so they could be hung flush to the wall.

But you know what I mean.

I bought two hooks at Hobby Lobby for a whopping $3 and found the turquoise candle holders at Stein Mart.  Also for like $6 totally.  So all together, this project cost us around $10.  Not bad.


Project 3 was a silly little thing.  I wanted to paint my gold chargers silver.  Or maybe oil rubbed bronze.  Or chalk board black.  Or maybe cover them in burlap.  Or would white really be the best?

I stood in the paint aisle for an embarrassing amount of time talking myself into and out of one color or another.  I feel like there was something better I could have done with that time and the mental energy but it is what it is.

In the end, I decided on silver.  It's neutral.  And, heck, if I change my mind, I can paint them again later.



I love a set table.

Project 4 was mostly me.  Although Chris had to figure out how to hang a wire basket on the wall.  I've been itching to redecorate the second bathroom for a while.  I'm getting rid of the blue and replacing it with aqua/turquoise so the blue shower curtain needed to go on to a better place.  I did some recon work at Home Goods and Hobby Lobby.  Once I'd sold a few things and had some spending money, I spent and finally redecorated.



I hung up the shower curtain and wasn't entirely sold.  I kinda wanted just an aqua one but those were all gone.  I like this one.  It's gray and aqua.  But not sure my yellow goes with it.  I bought the bird hoping he would tie it all together.  

What do  y'all think?

Regardless, it's mine now.  Rhys used the shower curtain to dry his not quite clean hands on before dinner last night.  Super excited about that.  

The next projects are in the works.  We got some saloon doors cleaned and started sanding them down.  And then we changed plans entirely so we're just painting them but we won't do that until next weekend.  We also got most of AK's new pink bench done for her room.  

And it's pink.

Oh, so pink.

We'll have to pick out some fabric next weekend.  

So Projects 5 & 6 are well under way.  

Which is good.  Since there are 21 on the list.

Here's a sneak peak of the saloon door project.


And really, I just wanted to post that because Aubrey Kate is pretty adorable.  She dressed herself that day.  Clearly.  Which just makes her cuter.

Anyone else do something fun and/or productive this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Your weekend has mine beat. It does feel good getting something done on the list.
    I love the bathroom and the yellow looks good with the new curtian.
    So thankful you all are still well, and you all had a fun family weekend.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete