Tuesday, December 30, 2014

So Much To Do, So Little Motivation...

All the presents have been opened.  Road trips done.  Three out of four suitcases are unpacked and clothes put away.

The new toys and books for the playroom...that's another story.

We...Chris and I...have to go through the playroom and make room but he's rewriting entire parts of the musical at school and that has to be done by, oh, Monday.  So the playroom will wait.

The Christmas decorations need to be packed up and put away.  

The floors are in terrible shape.  They were before we left and well, for some reason, they weren't magically cleaned while we were gone.  

And the baseboards...oy vey.  Those have been Aubrey Kate's chore.  She manages to complete said chore in record time.  

Let's use the word "complete" loosely.

However, I have zero motivation to do ANY.THING.

What we do have is an entire list of projects to do around the house.  Several years ago, we made our first list for this house.  I was pregnant with Rhys so three years ago.  It was during our annual anniversary trip during the Christmas break.  We went to Atlanta.  At the time we just did a simple email.  But this time, we are fancy.

We made a list in an app.

All 2015 like.

It's a lovely list.  And, honestly, we spend entirely too much time talking about it.  We're excited.  My mind is running a mile a minute at how it will all come together.  Chris' part of the list is detailed and will mostly involve building things.  Likely even some of it won't happen until Spring Break...maybe...and this summer.  Some of it won't happen until next year even.  The remainder maybe the following summer.  

My list involves a great deal of refinishing and recreating.  In addition, I need to refinish and recreate some and SELL those to make the money needed to buy what can't be refinished or recreated.

I'll give you a minute to reread that sentence.  

It's a grammatical doozie.

There are things to buy.  Because I'm not weaving my own living room rug.  I feel like that's out of my league.  

Although, I have pinned a couple of tutorials on how to make an infinity scarf on your arm and upcycling tee-shirts to rugs so maybe between the two, I could figure out how to turn tee-shirts into a living room rug by weaving with my arms.

Totally possible.

My list will be accomplished one item at a time.  And very slowly.  Since there are still things to be done NOT on the list.  Like finishing my scrapbooks.  

And cleaning the baseboards.  

However, I have zero motivation to do ANY.THING.  Even things on The List.

So, while Chris has been writing away, I've been watching "Reign" on Netflix and writing...words, though.  Seems wildly less impressive than writing music.

And clearly, I've not been doing it quickly.  It's taken me over 90 minutes to finish this sad little post.  

I'll leave with pictures.  Because those are far more interesting.

Here are the kids enjoying our stop at Chick-fil-a on the way home.  Chris had to teach Rhys how to lick an ice cream cone.  He was trying to eat it by licking backwards.  It was precious.  And horribly messy.



When we got home, one of my favorites was in the mail.  The Pottery Barn catalogue.  I actually laughed out load looking at the front cover.  Right smack in the middle.  The navy print.  That is priced at $59.99.  Seriously.  


I own a strikingly similar pillow cover.  Bought two of them.  At Hobby Lobby for 50% off the marked price.  


I stopped by Hobby Lobby today to see if they were still there.  And maybe to see if they were on sale this week.  Full price is $9.99.  I got two for that.


Consider that my tip for the week.  Buy pillows for $5 at Hobby Lobby and save the additional $55 plus shipping and handling.  

You're welcome.  

See!  I DID accomplish something.  Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment