Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas Crafting...

God sent me another hug today.  Second day in a row both kids took a nap.  

Crazy.

Rhys, once again, cried himself to sleep directly behind the door.  I could see him in the little slit under the door.  When he woke up, he kicked it.  

Annndddd....Rhys is awake.

Aubrey Kate cleaned her room and "decorated" for Christmas.  Meaning she hid all of the stuff she had out but shoving it in various drawers, in her closet and under her bed.  She hung the wreath she made at Chick-Fil-A craft night.  On her doorknob.  

Decorations.  Done.

She then curled up in a tiny ball with Rosy and slept in the smack middle of the room.  

Precious.  

She's been staying up past her bedtime for the past two nights making her jewelry with her kit she picked out at the Target Dollar Spot.  

Never mind that it was three dollars.

Thanks to the newly introduced "I wore my coat today without pitching a fit..." reward chart, Aubrey Kate got to pick out a treat after a full week of happily wearing her coat.  

This week will not be the same.

But she's been thoroughly enjoying last week's selection!





Look at her concentration!  I wasn't sure she would be able to thread the beads on the string but she can.  She watched me once and took off.  So far she's made two bracelets and two necklaces.  

Be of good cheer, family!  You might just be getting one of these creations from my girl.  Merry Christmas!

In the meantime, I've been working on presents of my own.  Teacher gifts first.  

And...well, only, since I'm not posting pictures of y'all's presents before Christmas.  



These are two of the cabinet doors I got at the Habitat Resale Store.  For $0.25 each.  I already had the fabric, pearls and glue for the rosettes.  I did have to buy more of the chalkboard contact paper.  It was about $5 and I'll get five boards out of it, easily.  So for $1.25, teachers' presents are done!  

Chris has been doing his own crafting.  Although his looks more like BUILDING.  

Several weeks ago we started talking about putting in some shelves over the TV in the living room.  That turned into thinking about maybe putting in some built-ins instead of the TV stand we currently have.  

So to start, Chris decided to see if he could build shelves in somewhere not so middle of the living room.  I had seen a pin for some bathroom floating shelves over the tub.  We have almost the exact same set up in our bathroom.  I liked them.  Liked adding some character.  Liked adding some interest.  

Liked adding shelves little hands couldn't reach.

At least not for a while.  

Chris went to work.  And a week later...



How fantastic are they?!?!  

I am so impressed.  And excited about the living room project!  

Have no fear.  The green basket will be painted.  At some point.  

Once I finish crafting the rest of the Christmas presents. 

Maybe God will send another hug tomorrow and I can knock out some more!   

1 comment:

  1. Nice! The crafting is so cute! I think teachers will love those. Chris' work looks professional! The best was AK! Busy girl in that Cute dress. I hope she'll wear that when she comes to see Nana and Puddin!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete