Sunday, August 24, 2014

Band Camp, Week 3...

Hey!  Good news!  We survived week three!  The Terrific Threesome made it through!  The week was pretty good.  But I shoved it full...FULL...of activities.  So much so, poor Aubrey Kate was really dreading our outings by the end of the week.  Bless her.  She's our little homebody.  Just like her daddy.  

But Rhys?  He needs to MOVE.  So he wakes up in the morning and from nap asking, "Where going, Momma?"

And really, they fight less if we are participating in various activities.  That makes Momma happy.  Cause if Momma ain't happy, well, it doesn't really matter.  I'm only not happy when they're not happy.  

We hit the mall for their play place and of course, a Snickerdoodle at the cookie place.





For the time we were at home, I pulled the tent out Aunt Linda and Aunt Lori gave us.  They thought it was the coolest thing ever.  They were in and out of it all week.  We weren't here for more than 90 minutes at a time so they didn't have time to get too bored with it.  It's still up.  Taking up all the center space in the playroom.  We'll see how long it stays up.  


We went to play with the trains at Barnes and Nobel.  Rhys plays with the trains and I read to Aubrey Kate.  It's a win win.  After trains, we go outside to the fountains.  We hadn't been there in a long while.  That makes it SUPER fun.  We actually went twice, per their request.


This is the only picture she would let me take of her at the fountains...
Of course, Thursday was Paradise Pond Day.  They love it there.  Rhys was literally jumping up and down at the door.   I took more pictures this week.  They're closed next week.  And then school starts.  We'll have to see if we need to go there once school starts.  Maybe once or twice a month.  










 Saturday we met some friends from our small group at a local splash pad.  I've never been to a splash pad on a Saturday.  It was crowded but not awful.  It took AK a full hour of hanging out on the picnic blanket before she would venture out to play.  Rhys, dove head first, full throttle, right into it.  As a pat on the back for myself, we were outside for two hours, in the middle of the day, and no one got sunburned.  Go Mom!  AK fought me the whole way putting on the sunscreen.  Rhys loved every second.  Really, they could not be more different if they tried.


How cute is Aubrey Kate?  Lily's mom took this picture.  No way she would have smiled for me like that.

We did have some rough spots.  Aubrey Kate has a sassy streak and for the love of all that's holy, the girl talks CONSTANTLY.  Both those things can wear a momma out.  

And for the best news...like ever...Rhys is now asking, "Why, Momma?"  

There were moments in the car (which is kinda where we live) when I had to say, "Please, y'all.  ONE AT A TIME.  Momma can't handle all the talking."

So today, when Chris asked what I had on my schedule, I replied that what I needed to do was leave the house BY MYSELF and NOT SPEAK TO A SINGLE PERSON.  There is no peace and quiet at home.  That's just a place where my to do list lives.  Outside of the house, that's where I can JUST BE.  As soon as I closed the door on Rhys for nap, I grabbed my keys and left.  

Sigh.

Now school starts.  The days, with the exception of Fridays and Saturdays, get a little bit shorter.  The last three weeks, Chris has been coming home around 10:30 - 11:00 pm.  At least now, practice ends at 7 pm.  That puts him home between 8 and 9.  It's not awesome but it's something.  I could make a quick grocery run if necessary.  Even Saturdays will be better through September.  October starts competitions and he'll work 18 hour days.  

Already have a busy first three days this week.  Including the Meet the Teacher day!  Woo-hoo!  Just one more week until school starts.  We can do it.  We can do it.  We can do it...

1 comment: