Sunday, August 17, 2014

Band Camp, Week 2...

Well.  We survived.

Week 2 started off a little rough for our Terrific Threesome.  Really, it was my fault.  I was maybe, possibly, could have been watching two additional little ones Monday night.  Twins.  Four months.  From four until nine or so.  So we stayed in Monday afternoon.  By the time I knew they were NOT coming, it was too late...and too hot...to go anywhere.

Traveling...in August...in Texas...even to an indoor park requires enough snacks and chilled drinks to survive a nuclear attack.  And all that packing takes time.  By the time I would have it all packed up, it would be time to come home.

So we stayed.

And this is what happens:


I have no idea when Rhys went into my bathroom to retrieve the hair dryer and equally, no idea when he plugged it in.  In Aubrey Kate's room.  Behind her rocking chair.  But he did and I am simply grateful he survived.

Let me just say this...staying indoors for one day is doable.  I mean, we make it.  Sure, there are fights and I spend most of my time praying for patience but it's doable.

Two days, however.

That's just asking for it.

I had planned to go outside to play in the pool.  We had to get a NEW pool on Saturday.  I went outside to set up the pretty pink one and found this:


A hole.  I was completely surprised when Walmart still had pools to purchase.  And just as surprised they were still full price.  But we can't go two more months of summer heat without a pool.  But this time, I got a bigger one so I can get in.  Because it's hot.




So on Tuesday, when I had plans and visions of happy, wet, exhausted children, I got tantrums and I DON'T WANT TO's and RHYS!!! NO!!!!.

Sigh.

Lesson learned.

Since Tuesday, we have been at home for naps, dinner (a quick one, at that), bath and bed.

Wednesday, we loaded up, ran a couple of errands and then went to deliver some school supplies at BLUE BELL CREAMERY!

Score!

Y'all did know Blue Bell Ice Cream is made in Texas, right?  If not, shame on you for not asking a Texan.

Dr. Pepper too.

Just in case there's a Texas trivia game at your next party.

The local Christian radio station was collecting school supplies for a couple of amazing charities.  In exchange, we got a tour of the freezer...where it is 60 degrees below...and a freezer truck. The tour guide has worked for the company for 25 years.  He was fabulous.  My kids were a little...or a lot...intimitated by the whole thing.  They wouldn't even play the bean bag toss game.  They were super happy to watch me play, though.  I won them both a sucker.

Yay Mom!

But the ice cream?  That, they were all about.






Thursday was back to Paradise Pond.  No pictures because, well, you've seen them before.  We stayed the full two hours this time and the kids never got bored.  They were tired enough to just obediently get up and leave when it was time.  And that alone was worth it.

Friday we met a friend for a playdate at a new park.  "New" since we'd never been there.  It's a lot like our Wildflower Park.  The kids had a blast.  And since it was in the shade, we managed to stay pretty cool.  

And that's our week.  

This week will be harder.  Chris has inservice during the day and then band camp at night.  We likely won't see him at all.  Going up to school for lunch was pretty awesome.  We got to see Daddy and the kids got to run around the band hall.  Which is, for a two and four year old, super fabulous.  

If you've got any ideas for entertainment this week, don't hold back.  Share!  

And then pray for us during the next two weeks before AK goes back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment