Thursday, December 5, 2013

So, so, so, so far behind...

Today I got smart and brought my phone upstairs with me. 
 
And with it...music.
 
Praise be.
 
Anyone else fall in love with David Crowder all over again?  His new song, "I Am." 
 
KILLS ME.
 
Another raisin'-my-hands-singing-like-I'm-the-only-one-there-during-my-run song. 
 
I don't think I can stand the wait until the whole album comes out.  Which is like February. 
 
Total tease.
 
This room is also the warmest room in the house.  Since we all sitting around just WAITING for the Great Ice Storm of 2013 to hit, I'm soaking up all the extra heat I can stand.  The rain has started but it's 36 outside.  Chris may actually get to finish his school day.  Maybe not the whole driving to the other side of the metroplex to judge clarinets for solo and ensemble thing but I'm down with that. 
 
Yes, we have food.  Bread and milk were already in the house so Chris went out on our obligatory grocery run to buy eggs, bacon and hot dogs.  Because when in the middle of an ice storm, there must be the appropriate amount of pork products available for consumption. 
 
We also have candles.  Matches.  Blankets.  And an operational fireplace. 
 
What I don't have is indoor playground equipment for my littles to run around, climb on and generally wear their full of energy selves out on. 
 
Ideas?  I'm open to any and all suggestions.
 
Alright, let's get down to it.
 
I.  Am.  Behind.
 
By, what?, three months?!?!
 
At this point, I'd have to write for two solid days to catch up.  And we all know that's not happening. 
 
I feel good when I get 20 minutes. 
 
Catching up will have to wait.  I'll just jump right into the here and now. 
 
Which is nauseous. 
 
You know when one of your kids gets sick and they spend days crying, refusing to eat, wanting to be held and generally making life miserable?  And you say a zillionity times a day, "It'll be okay, little guy?"  And you wonder what in heaven's name could they have that's making them so fussy?
 
Then four days later, you get it?
 
And you're all, like, dude, this is awful.  How did you even get out of the crib?
 
Me neither.
 
But I must confess, filling out my calories on Fitness Pal with a stomach bug ROCKS.  "If every day were like today, you would be STUPID SKINNY in five weeks!"
 
(Fitness Pal tells you where you would be after you finish logging your activity and food for the day.)
 
(It is mostly awesome.)
 
(Unless you eat too much and on those days I don't even log in because seriously, who wants to read that in five weeks you'd be the size of a small car.)
 
Thus, the last three days have been not a whole lot of fun.  However, I will say, it is totally possible to be functional with this bug. 
 
Awesomeness.
 
Pumpkin and I managed to get the house decorated.  We haven't unpacked from our Thanksgiving trip home but HIGH-FIVE, Christmas decorations are up. 
 
Priorities.
 
We took a family vote this year and it was 3 to 2 to skip the Christmas tree.  Rhys will only raise his hands up in the air if we say, "Touchdown Auburn!" So we counted one hand for the tree and one hand against the tree.  Aubrey Kate voted for it, of course.  Because she wanted to decorated it. 
 
Rhys wants to undecorated it.
 
And momma wants no part of redecorating it over the next three weeks.
 
Parents and Rhys' left hand won the vote. 
 
AK can send us the bill for her therapy session covering Christmas 2013 when she did not have a proper tree.
 
Instead, I let her stay up during her "quiet time" and help me decorate the stairway banister.  This is where I put all our family ornaments.  She loved it.  And I loved telling her about the ornaments. 




Eat.  Her.  Up.
 
She was a pure joy.  So excited.  Everything Christmas time should be. 
 
Two days later, she's still asking if we can decorate some more.  I might have created a monster here.  And I suspect she won't be nearly as excited to take it all down. 
 
Apart from the banister, we decorated the mantel.  This is my favorite. 


And the dining room table.  But there's no picture of that.  Maybe someday.
 
We decorated for Fall too.  Since I know y'all are all dying to see that, I'll share the mantel shot. 


I had visions of creating a field goal out of used paper towels rolls.  Next year.  I saved the rolls though.  Just never got around to getting that crafty.  But my footballs were super fun. 
 
I'm gonna leave it at that today.  I've used up my twenty minutes.  There's lots to share though.  Revelations Over Chocolate, a post about five years ago and even a little brokenness to work through. 
 
On that note, y'all are all totally pumped.  It's good stuff. 
 
Maybe not as good as a fridge full of pork but close.

No comments:

Post a Comment