Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Half BIrthday to Me!...

Six.  Months.  Old.

How is the WORLD is my baby six months old?  

I swear, I love him more with every minute.  

Stats first:  He's up a whopping 0.1 oz.  At six months, Rhys weighs 17.6 lbs.  

So here's the thing.  He got sister's nasty cold the first week of January.  He didn't want to eat and well, he didn't.  I suspect he lost a little bit of weight that week.  It's just taking a little while for my skinny kid to gain it back.

I didn't measure his length or head circumference.  The doctor can do that when he has his six month checkup.

Next month.

I know.  Again, y'all are so jealous of my mom skills.

Now for cute baby pictures.  I took them in several locations this month.  Because I could. 


The usual Aubie in the chair picture...
Happy Half Birthday to Mmmmeeeeeeeee!...
Are we done yet?...

Hey, how'd he get to the couch?...

This seat is hard and I don't like it!...
Okay, I'll giggle now!...

This was a big month for baby.  First trip...anywhere...but to Alabama specifically.  First Christmas.  First time meeting GG.  First, well, time to meet most of the family!  First snow.  First trip to the grocery store in the cart.  And we do tricks now...sitting up!

Meme is pretty awesome!...

GG is pretty cool too!...

Boomer Sooner!...

Meh...we didn't win but I'm still cute!...

What do we have here?...

Oh wait, were you watching me?...

Momma doesn't have to wear me in the grocery store now!...

Yes, yes, I am super cute....

Mom.  Please.  With the pictures...

I'll smile but I still won't eat the rice cereal...

I love sitting up!...
How could you not fall in love with that smile?  Joyful.  He's just joyful.  I am loving every minute of being his momma and getting to know him.  I feel like I can't thank God enough for his miracle life. 

And I can't.

But that doesn't stop me from trying.  

Every night, I feed him in his dark nursery, pray over him and sing him his lullaby.  It is without a doubt such a precious time I will cherish forever.  It's one of those "pondered them in her heart" moments.  When he's bigger and all boy and won't let his momma hold him, I'll think back to these nights.  And fall in love even more.  

1 comment:

  1. SIX MONTHS?!? Holy moly...slow down! Oh how I love him...

    ReplyDelete