Friday, January 18, 2013

Gratitude Friday...

I know.

I came back.  But only sort of.  

Tomorrow is our six month family photo shoot.  True confession, I believe I started planning these pictures the same night I tested and saw two very unexpected lines.  

Like most teenagers and young adults, I used to be quite the romantic dreamer.  But years of those silly dreams never turning out exactly like I had planned have jaded me.  I don't spend the mental energy planning out every detail of every event in life.  I mean, folks, I planned my outfit, how the apartment/house was decorated, what we would order for dinner...basically if it was a detail, I didn't over look it.  

Realizing this is a hard pill to swallow if you know me in real life, but I am much more laid back now.

I'll wait while you stop laughing.

Anyway, so the photo shoot.  I've been busy crafting to get ready.  

There's a "Grateful" banner.  A scrappy tutu skirt.  A hair bow.  A chalkboard.  And countless hours of shopping I have done in the last three months to find the perfect outfits for all four of us.

Well, Rhys has several.  

Because, let's be honest, he could spit up on any one of them at any time.  

I'm prepared for the mid-shoot wardrobe malfunction.

Okay, what does all this have to do with my gratitude list?

First and foremost, I am very grateful to have a reason for a six month photo shoot.  Rhys is such an absolute joy.  He is laid back.  Quick to smile.  Snugly.  Oh so snugly.  Chubby.  And blond head to precious tiny toe, a true miracle.  

I. Adore. Him.

Also so very grateful for our six month photos of Aubrey Kate.  She was, and is, a beauty.  The day of our shoot was a little chilly and unlike the one tomorrow, I had not spent hours of time stressing over the pictures.  Yes, I knew what I wanted, just like this time, but for some reason, I was much more relaxed.

Probably because there was not a toddler involved in the making of the pictures.

Regardless, her photos, the entire experience really, was such a breath of fresh air.  And for that, I will be forever grateful.

Very grateful for my amazing husband.  He has been such a servant to our family.  He works hard every day, most weeks six days, comes home to play with the kids, usually without eating dinner, and continues gets up in the middle of the night to feed Rhys.  Somehow, he still manages to tell me I'm beautiful even with no makeup and in my official mommy uniform of faded yoga pants, hoodie and pony tail. 

Y'all, I am a blessed girl.  

"So the, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthen in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." ~ Colossians 2:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment