Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Buried in Band Camp...

Well, you know I'm not posting when my mom starts texting to see if we're okay.  

We've been busy staying busy.  

Band camp officially started Saturday (because in TX, bands cannot start until August 1)

(at least for those who play by the rules) 

(rules are made so people can find a way around them) 

(but we totally play by the rules)

Once band camp starts, Chris leaves before even Rhys wakes up and comes home after I've gone to bed.  Average, about 90 hours in six days.  Since he's not at home when we're awake, we try and go see him up at school a few times a week.

Although, keeping it real here, the kids spend most of the time playing with the band kids in the band hall.

At lunch on Monday, they were putting band kids in the lockers and collecting money from them for their release.

I'm not even sure what to do with that.

Other than clearly, return the money.

It takes me a full hour to get four lunches and snacks packed.  I have no idea why that is other than I over-pack because I really have no idea what the kids will actually eat.  Tonight, we took the band directors dinner.  That took a couple of hours to prepare.  But that's because I was cooking for 10 instead of just four.  

Besides scheduled meals with band kids daddy, we've been starting the day running any errands we need.  I'm sure you're keeping up with the weather in Texas but in case you're not (so disappointed in you), it's hot.

Today was as cool as it's gonna be for the next seven days.

And it was 102.

Sunday?  108.

So yeah.  If I need to hit the grocery store or the post office, it's gonna be at 9:00 am.  When it's only 92.

I even pack a big cooler so if I need anything cold, it can stay in the cooler while we go to the gym.

Which is our second stop of the morning.

After that, comes lunch and quiet time.  

To be honest, it's too hot to be outside at 3:00 pm in the afternoon.  We normally watch a show after quiet time.  The kids eat a snack and watch something like Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  But with the temperatures so high, I don't even want to load them into the car to drive somewhere.  

So they watch a movie.

Although, yesterday, we did drive to a new indoor playground.  It was smaller than some of the other ones in town but it was quiet and clean and the kids had a BLAST.  We were there for almost two hours.  

We've been swimming after dinner.  Making sure I get dinner on the table around 5 so we have plenty of time to eat and swim for a while.  

And I've been hunting for every indoor free event anywhere near us.

Friday, we went to a concert at the mall.  Josh Wilson.  I adore him.  We packed our lunches, grabbed a table on the second floor food court and sang along.




You can't tell really, but that's Josh Wilson on the stage down there.  His songs are in my infertility mix, my worship mix and my running mix.  

And yes, I got teary sitting there with my miracles, singing songs of praise and feeling grateful for our little life.  

Before bed that night, Rhys was singing the chorus to one of the songs.  

So I got teary again.

Tomorrow is our first event at our new Chick-fil-a.  Thirty Thursday!  We all get a free small frozen lemonade.  I've been saving up my calories for that thing ALL WEEK LONG.

Hopefully, the rest of the week will not see them charging taxes to release teenagers from tiny lockers. 

See y'all Friday!

1 comment: