Friday, July 10, 2015

Gratitude Friday...



So.

We've been busy.

Obviously.

Today, Chris estimated we are 85% there.

Meanwhile, I vacuumed around boxes yesterday.  

Let that statement sink in.  We are 85% moved in and yet, still boxes.  

There is a good deal of creativity going on to get everything stored appropriately.  The new house has both less storage and zero attic.  Yup.  ZERO ATTIC.

It's a truss style roof.  Which means nothing to me.  But apparently means there's no space to throw stuff up there.  Cause all we can fit in there are our flat boxes.  And that is a good thing.  Those are expensive.

I put the day bed in our playroom/guest room/office up on risers and maxed out every inch of space under the bed.  MAXED.  It's full of my craft supplies.  AK helped me unpack and organize them.  I use the term "helped" loosely.  But it got done.  

The kids have just been doing an amazing job of playing while I keep working on getting the house set up.  I've only got a week left before Chris goes back to work full time.  Or triple full time.  Whatever.  So it's got to get done sooner rather than later.  

But we have been doing plenty of playing too.  Good ole summertime stuff.  Most of it outside.  On that fabulous deck I mentioned two weeks ago.

So I'm just gonna go ahead and say... I am still grateful for that deck.  

Today, Rhys took the Jake and the Neverland Pirates ship (Bucky) and the characters outside.  He played on the deck all by himself for 30 minutes or so.  I looked out the window several times just to check on him.  And Skillet was just having a blast.  

Look at those sweet faces.  Precious.  

Father, thank you for Your Provision.  For the kiddos You loaned us.  For the house You provided for us.  For the life You gave us through Your Son.  

Grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment