Monday, March 2, 2015

TIG and Possible Rehab...

Well, this past weekend was completely unproductive.  

Because Trapped Alive Days 5 and 6.

And smack in the middle of Pink Eye 1 and 2, I caught Chris' cold.  Which is not, in fact, the same cold I had two weeks ago.  This cold is THE REAL THING.  That cold I had was the gateway cold of colds.  This cold is worthy of rehab and it's own street name.

Like "Texas Ice Gunk."

Seems appropriate since we were iced in two weekends in a row and one weekend Chris had it and the next weekend I had it.

Let's call is TIG for short.  That sounds tough, right?

TIG started attacking Friday.  By Saturday it was a full-blown TIG beat down.  

BEAT. DOWN.

Chris was on a mission to add jewels to his crown all weekend.  

Really, I apologized to him A LOT but it wasn't enough.  Because I thought his cold last weekend was the cold I'd had and truthfully, I did not understand what in the world was going on.  He seemed like he was in the middle of a crazy amount of suffering.  Possibly dying.

All this while I'm thinking, am I just that tough that I could have had this cold and kept on rockin'?  Or is this "man cold" which is something Big Mama FINALLY addressed in her second book, The Antelope in the Living Room.  I feel like this a subject not properly discussed openly.  Praise Muscinex, Melanie brought it out into the bright, bright light of day.

And then TIG attacked me and can I just say, I was in the middle of a crazy amount of suffering.  Plus possibly taking back every thought I'd had about the "man cold" and it's aliments.

(Although, "man cold" is a real phenomenon.)

(God knew what he was doing when he gave women the burden of childbirth.)

(But TIG even made me forget the pain of the ruptured uterus.)

(It's that tuff.)

Chris let me spend the day in bed Saturday.  I couldn't sleep because I was too busy deciding whether I needed to cut my throat out or just take my entire head off.  Even strep throat doesn't hurt like this hurt.  

Chris stayed and played with the kids all day long.  Thanks to Pink Eye, no one could actually go anywhere in public.  And their was snow and ice anyway.  Which he braved during quiet time to get me legal drugs and pick up some Papa Murphy's pizzas.  

Yesterday, I did feel functional.  I actually showered and left the bed.  Maybe vacuumed and did laundry too.  Because life must go on and we need clean laundry to live.  We even took a family road trip to let Rhys take a nap.  Which he did for two whole hours.  

Aubrey Kate was thrilled.

Other than that, there was castle building.  Rhys' new favorite pastime.  It's an amazing thing that keeps him occupied in his room for tens of minutes at a time.

TENS OF MINUTES.

Y'all.

Deep in building mode...

Explaining the building process...

Ta-da...

Cutie.  With red eyes...
His gunky eyes are clearing up.  The drops are helping.  I'm hopeful today is the last day of Trapped Alive.  

Although, I'm creating enough gunk of my own now.  But if I can, we are getting out of this house tomorrow.  Where we will go, no idea.  It's gonna be 73 and rainy.  

So 27 on Friday and 73 by Tuesday.

High five, Texas!

Feeling like Texas is not helping me defeat TIG.  

Maybe Texas needs some heavy duty rehab too.  

See you there, Texas.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon.
    Glad Rhys' pink eye is clearing up. AL needs rehab as well.
    Seventies today, freezing rain Thurs. Should be gone by Fri.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete